Friday, April 11, 2008

biopsy

Today I had a biopsy of a lump in my breast. That was a strange experience. Before today my surgery experience consisted of tonsils and wisdom teeth. This was a little more involved than either of those (that I remember anyway). I had an IV for sedation and local anesthetic which is just now starting to wear off. So now my boob hurts, great. Good times all around.

My friend Mike took me there and took me home (oh and bought me a Gorilla). Good guy, and good friend.

I will get results on Wednesday afternoon at the latest. I am not very worried, most of the women in my family have had similar experiences. The only breast cancer in my family is with two great aunts (grandmothers two sisters). But neither seemed to be affected by it and lived into their 80's.

Ouch.

No comments: